Israeli Athletics Association
Initially the organization was named "Athletic Commission" by the Israel Sports Association, and from 1980 "Athletic Association in Israel", under the Organization Sports Association. The dissolution of the Sports Association in Israel, at the end of 1995, the union became an independent body and was incorporated as a nonprofit organization. Since the organization is considered as an independent in every respect. Israeli Athletic Association is the body responsible for organizing and managing the athletic activity in Israel. Athletic Association in Israel is the body recognized by the State of Israel for the gathering and management of athletic activities in the country, and as a result is Israeli body representing the State towards the international agencies, such as the IAAF (Athletic Association Organisation), the EAA (Gymnastics European), athletics federations other continental, national athletics associations and to other public entities around the world. Israeli Athletic Association goals are:
The development and promotion of athletic activities in Israel, its concentration and its management.
- The organization and management of national competitions and international, within the framework of various plants in the country.
Association annually submits a report to the IAAF activity and is personal contact with key activists in the world. In the past year there Athletic Association the European Cup of Nations (Tel Aviv in June 1999), which was an overwhelming success and received many compliments Association of Athletic Associations National Europe and the European Athletic Association. As part of Athletic Associations relations with different countries, the association manages to harness and train athletes to participate in international competitions and training camps and seminars. Union collaborates internationally with the following subjects:
- Israeli athletes sharing world and European championships
- Sharing athletes in competitions invitation to international
- The existence of international competitions in the country
- Participation in inter-national competitions abroad
- Foreign athletes reservations major competitions in the country, including Israel Open
- invite artists from abroad for the purpose of training the country
- Participation in the design world's annual competition calendar
- Participation in international congresses
- Ordering high-level athletes training camps in Israel Israeli Athletic Association attaches great importance.