American Friends of Israel
American Friends of Israel is a 501c3 US charity. At a time when anti-Semitism is on the rise, and support for the state of Israel in the American public on the decline, we aim to educate the public of importance of Israel existence as democratic state in the Middle East.
To acheive our goals, we have 3 main programs:
- Public Relations at University Campuses Program.
- Media Public Relations Program.
- Support Israeli Charities Program.
Public Relations at University Campuses Program
This program is designed to spread the word about what Israel is about and what is does in colleges and universities all across the country. The program will engage students on campuses in a dialog. It is done by organizing kiosks on campuses that hand out to students brochures and create a dialog with them about Israel's
role in the Middle East as the only democracy there.
We also set up campuses lectures about the subject. Many students come and we are able to explain the true nature of Israel as a peace advocate who has the right
to co-exist with its neighbors in peace.
The program is conducted with the support of Jewish community, Jewish business owners, and colleges/universities centers on a weekly basis.
The program is funded by donors, funds received from Support Israeli Charities Program, and local Jewish business owners.
Media Public Relations Program
This program is designed to inform the public through social media and media ads placed in local venues, and by joining chat rooms to teach the audience about the true nature of state of Israel and its efforts to reach peaceful solution to the conflict in the Middle East.
We aim to teach the public about the Judeo-Christian values Israel founded on, and its advocacy for peace with its neighbors. Our mentor workplace program focuses on communication skills, personal development, and empowerment, to represent partnership with the Jewish community to share resources for success.
These PR programs are conducted with the support of Jewish community, and Jewish business owners on a daily basis.
The program is funded by donors, local Jewish business owners, and funds received from Support Israeli Charities Program.
Support Israeli Charities Program
This program is designed to help Israeli charities get donation support from the American public. There are many programs in Israel to support the poor, youth, promote peace, social causes, sports, and religious causes that need the support of American donors who are willing to contribute. The American public, Jews and Christians alike sends millions of dollars to charities in Israel every year.
Our programs are funded by fees we receive from these charities for the donors we bring to them. Aside from donations to our organization, this is the only other source of income we have.
Contact PersonMark Sasson
Phone: (415) 830-9078
We are looking for volunteers. Volunteers should have the following qualifications:
- Ability to use social media websites to spread the word.
- Some experiance public speaking.
- At least 4 hours a week.
- Some assignments can be done from home on your spare time
- An undergraduate degree is a plus
Other Ways You can Help
if you can't contribute much financialy, it doesn't mean you can't help:
- Please get the word out and make some noise about our charity in the social media websites.
- This website has share tools! We give you access to 4 social media websites and you can use them to spread the word. All you have to do, is use our share page when you are done contributing. When you give us permission to get your contact list and we will send them invitations. We can also help you publish a post on Facebook and Tweet on Twitter.